Connecting rods probably receive the highest stresses of any bottom end engine component. The forces the rod receives when the piston direction reverses from top dead center can exceed 12,000 lb. in a 500 C.I. engine. This is why Speedmaster rods are forged from the finest premium quality 4340 alloy steel for strength and utilize Speedmaster/ARP rod bolts for superior clamping forces on the rod journal.
- Center to Center Distance: +/- 0.0001
- Bend and Twist: +/- 0.001 over 2.000"
- Rod Width: +/- 0.002
- Large End Bore: +/- 0.0002
- Small End Bore: +/- 0.0002
- Bearing Tang Location: +/- 0.0025